All about Paleo Diet

Post Top Ad

Friday 1 February 2019

Tart Strawberry Cashew Energy Balls (aka. Paleo PB&J Bombs)

These energy bites are so good! If you have been craving a PB and J, try these.

I got so pumped when I took my first bite of these little strawberry delights because I have such a passion for creating mouth-watering recipes that are actually good for your body and don’t taste like cardboard. I know I’m probably not the only one that has had a “healthy” food that tastes like plastic. Yuck, right? I think we have all had that once or twice. I now strive to always make healthy treats that taste so delicious you would never know they were good for you! I first started creating paleo recipes to prove to myself that I can still eat yummy food without all the added junk. Now I bake to show the world that you can still enjoy your food or heck, even love the food you are eating while still getting healthy, nutrition rich, whole food ingredients.

Do you have your food processor ready yet? Because this energy ball recipe is so good you are going to want to make seconds—I know I did! Using only five total ingredients, these balls, bites, pieces or whatever you want to call them come together so nicely and create a flavor you are going to want to make and eat again and again. I’ve figured out that when it comes to creating energy balls you have to find the perfect balance. You almost always need two things as a starting base for your creation: fruit and nuts.

Strawberry Cashew Energy Bites

Dates are always my go sweet fruit for energy bars and they have a neutral sweet taste that mixed nicely with different flavors—they are like natures candy! Almonds are one of my favorite nuts but can tend to be a little overpowering so for this recipe I went with cashews. Dates and cashews were my starting point and from there I added on the different layers of flavors to create the perfect combination.

Strawberry Cashew Energy Bites
Strawberry Cashew Energy Bites

Cashews may have a neutral taste but one thing they aren’t lacking in is essential minerals. They are an abundant source of manganese, potassium, copper, iron, magnesium and zinc! Dang, that’s a lot! Like all nuts, cashews are cholesterol-free and are full of healthy fats that help lower cholesterol levels. Can you believe all of that goodness is jam packed into these little energy bites?

Also try these popular energy ball recipes:

Blueberry Pie Energy Balls to Curb Cravings
Carrot Cake Energy Bites
Lemon Cashew Protein Bombs

Tart Strawberry Cashew Energy Balls (aka. Paleo PB&J Bombs)
Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment