All about Paleo Diet

Post Top Ad

Thursday 31 January 2019

Nutrient-Packed Beet Root Energy Balls

Paleo Grubs
Paleo Grubs -

If you love beets, you will love these chia seed energy bites!

Nothing more, nothing less. I actually remember forcing myself to eat a tomato when I was about fifteen years old because I was trying to eat healthy. I hated it but I made myself eat it anyway and eventually they grew on me and I liked them. I remember guacamole being all the hype, I mean it still is, but when I first started to notice that guacamole was cool I was about eighteen. I decided to give it a try (on a whim) and I think I almost fainted because my brain literally couldn’t handle the deliciousness of it. I was so upset that I actually went my entire life without eating an avocado, let alone guacamole. Lesson learned—always try new foods.

After trying guacamole, I became a very adventurous girl, trying anything and everything I never had before. I even forced myself to retry stuff when the first time around was just okay. These days the foods I love definitely out-weigh the foods I don’t. There’s actually only a very small handful of foods that I really dislike and don’t worry, I have given them a number of chances. For instance, sea food. I love most fish but despise shrimp, crab and lobster. This could be due to the fact that lobster still looks like a lobster when it’s served to you. Also, falling into the category of foods I refuse to eat are peas and beets. Peas just don’t do it for me and beets, well they taste like dirt. I worked for a chef for a few years and he would prepare beets for me several different ways trying to persuade my taste buds—it didn’t work.

Beet Root Energy Bites
Beet Root Energy Bites

A few months ago, I found beet root powder at my local whole foods store and decided to give it a try. I was originally attracted to it because of the fact that it turns anything I add it to bright pink without using food coloring. After using it once I quickly realized that it has a delicious taste. It still tastes and smells like beets but only better. Needless to say I fell in love with it and now I can tell the world that I like beets in powder form! I like them so much I decided to make a healthy beet root energy bite so I can snack on beets whenever I want!

Also try these high energy recipes:

Cinnamon Banana Bread Energy Balls
Quick and Easy Sesame Seed Apricot Energy Bites
11 High Energy, High Protein Pre-Workout Paleo Snacks

Obsessed with beets? Try these:

Quick Pickled Beets
How to Make the Best Homemade Beet Chips

Nutrient-Packed Beet Root Energy Balls
Jess (Paleo Grubs)

No comments:

Post a Comment