All about Paleo Diet

Post Top Ad

Sunday 27 August 2017

Fat Burning Tropical Paleo Granola (with Virgin Coconut Oil)

Paleo Grubs
Paleo Grubs -

Aruba, Jamaica, oooo I want to take you… Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama… Have I gotten he song stuck in your head yet? I swear, every time I take a bite of this tropical granola I hear that song in the back of my head. I might be having a bowl to start off my day, or I’m grabbing a handful as I pass through the kitchen, but those couple of lines just start going through my mind the moment I taste it.

This is the ultimate homemade Paleo granola! Pretty hard to top this recipe.

This granola is just like jet setting off to a tropical island for a much needed getaway. Even though the getaway is in your house and only lasts as long as you are eating it, it’s a getaway that’s well worth it. Sometimes you just need to take a little trip from your normal every day routine.

When you are on a paleo diet, you kind of miss that crispy granola that you used to eat when you were a kid. I grew up with granola bars and eating granola for breakfast every morning, so getting into a paleo diet without that morning ritual was a really tough transition for me. I really didn’t think I would find a substitute until I realized how almonds and just a few other ingredients all baked together gives you a really similar result.

paleo granola ingredients

To make this faux granola even more magical, I took it to those delightful tropical islands with the incorporation of dates, coconut and dried pineapple. It’s just the right blend of sweet and tropical, without being too sweet to completely blow out your taste buds.

Do you remember when dried fruit used to only be sweetened when you bought it packaged in the store? There was a time dried fruit was healthy but not uber healthy because of all the added sugars. Now there’s a serious demand for all natural dried fruits so I’ve been rejoicing in my brain.

paleo granola recipe

Finally I can incorporate dates and dried pineapple into my diet!

Filling up a bowl full of this granola and topping it with some almond milk will transport you straight to an island far far away, right at your breakfast table. You can even pair it with a pina colada smoothie if you really want to wish away your reality (which may or may not be something I have done in the past week…). Happy breakfast eating, folks!

Looking for Paleo-approved ingredients for this energy bite recipe? Here is a free sample we’d recommend:

15 oz. jar of Virgin Coconut Oil (while supplies last)

Fat Burning Tropical Paleo Granola
Serves 6
Write a review
Print
Ingredients
  1. 1 cup almonds
  2. 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  3. 1/4 tsp salt
  4. 10 dates dates
  5. 1/3 cup unsweetened dried pineapple chunks
  6. 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
  7. 2 Tbsp maple syrup
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In the bowl of a food processor, add almonds, coconut, salt, dates, and pineapple chunks until everything is chopped up well.
  3. Whisk together melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Add to the food processor and pulse to combine. Spread the mixture out onto a lined baking sheet.
  4. Bake to 20 to 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Allow to cool for 20 to 30 minutes before storing in an airtight container, or serving.
Paleo Grubs http://paleogrubs.com/

(Make this next: How to Make the Best Homemade Granola Ever)

Fat Burning Tropical Paleo Granola (with Virgin Coconut Oil)
Jess (Paleo Grubs)

No comments:

Post a Comment