All about Paleo Diet

Post Top Ad

Friday 31 May 2019

The Best Paleo Banana Pancakes with Fresh Strawberries

Whether it’s your Saturday morning ritual or your everyday breakfast staple, you’ll love these simple Paleo banana pancakes.

Even as a teenager who, all things being equal, probably would’ve stayed in bed until noon if I could’ve, I would hear my Dad making all sorts of noise in the kitchen and I would time my arrival for just the moment the first pancakes were being flipped onto my plate. I suspect this may have been my Dad’s plan to get my butt out of bed.

Of course, Dad’s pancakes weren’t Paleo – especially after I slathered them with gooey syrup. And let’s face it – after a huge plate of wheat-flour pancakes drenched in syrup, there’s only one thing you want to do: take a nap. So when I set about making this recipe for Paleo pancakes, I was thrilled. All the memories of home, but with all the health benefits of my Paleo diet!

mashed bananas

The main ingredient in traditional pancakes is wheat flour. Since that’s a no-no on the Paleo diet, this recipe uses coconut flour. But you’ll notice that it’s only a little bit of coconut flour – two and a half teaspoons, to be exact – which, if you’ve ever made traditional pancakes will seem like a strangely small amount of flour. But here’s the secret…

The mashed banana in these pancakes isn’t just for flavor – although the banana flavor definitely comes through. The mashed banana actually works with the egg and the little bit of coconut flour you use to create that traditional pancake consistency. So don’t leave out the bananas!

pancake batter

The coconut flour and the bit of coconut oil you use to fry up these babies won’t give you an overwhelming flavor of coconut – the coconut flavor is so mild that you probably wouldn’t notice it if you didn’t know. But since you do know, you might pick up a hint of that. But of course, the little bit of coconut flavor goes spectacularly well with the flavors of banana and cinnamon.

You could almost imagine yourself in the Caribbean, having breakfast near the crystal-blue crashing waves. In fact, you SHOULD imagine yourself there because, well, why not?

To add to the tropical flare of these simple banana pancakes, I love adding more fruit on top when I serve them, whether it’s just me or if I’m sharing my pancakes with a friend or two. My favorite topping is strawberries, but any type of berries – blueberries, raspberries, blackberries – yum! – would be great too. Or a mix of all of them!

banana pancake recipe

But, the best thing about these simple banana pancakes is this: they’ll give you all of that pancake goodness you love with none of the bloated, over-stuffed after-feeling of heavy, syrup-soaked traditional pancakes.

So whether it’s your weekend morning ritual, your everyday breakfast staple, or your once in awhile pancake treat, give these simple banana pancakes a shot. You won’t regret it!

More Paleo Banana Pancake Recipes:

2-Ingredient Paleo Banana Egg Pancakes (Easy Recipe)
Homemade Flourless Blueberry Banana Pancakes
The Best Coconut Flour Banana Nut Protein Pancakes (These Are Addictive)
34 Best Paleo Pancakes of All-Time – Banana, Pumpkin, Coconut Flour + More

The Best Paleo Banana Pancakes with Fresh Strawberries
Jess (Paleo Grubs)

No comments:

Post a Comment