All about Paleo Diet

Post Top Ad

Saturday 2 September 2017

Paleo Pumpkin Spice Smoothie

Paleo Grubs
Paleo Grubs -

I might not be the big pumpkin spice latte fanatic that most people are, but I still love my pumpkin spice. Whether it’s pumpkin pie, pumpkin tea, pumpkin spice ice cream or pumpkin spice cookies, it’s right about now that I kick off the obsession.

pumpkin spice smoothie

What I really happen to love is when I can make my pumpkin spice fixes a little healthier and less indulgent. I mean, let’s face it, the holidays are always a time where you gain a few pounds. No matter how disciplined you are or how much you want to stay on track, all the holiday drinks, baking and other treats are too irresistible.

You have to indulge every once in a while anyways, right? The holidays just happen to be the most fun time to do it. At least in my opinion it is.

So instead of always reaching for a cookie, it’s nice to reach for this rich, delicious smoothie that is deceptive in how healthy it is.

The season for pumpkin spice is all too short, so I have to pack it into every possible mouthful I can. My recent favorite is kicking off my morning with a pumpkin spice smoothie. Instead of relying on caffeine to get the pumpkin spice fix, I get a little pep in my step from this delicious all natural breakfast drink.

Especially if you get the really good pumpkin puree from your favorite store… You all know what I’m talking about.

The banana keeps you going throughout the day, the almond milk keeps your body strong and the pumpkin flavor will totally knock your socks off. It’s basically just like drinking pumpkin pie. It doesn’t get much more fall than that, does it?

As the temperatures begin to dip and the tree leaves begin to turn color, you’ll find yourself reaching for this smoothie again and again. All you have to do is strap on your oversized sweater, your favorite pair of boots and fill a travel cup full of this bad boy to make your day the best fall day ever. I can literally hear the crunching of those crisp leaves as I walk through the park already.

There’s only a couple of months total for you to really get into the fall and pumpkin spirit, so get a move on already! Pumpkin spice season is here!

Paleo Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Serves 2
Write a review
Print
Prep Time
5 min
Cook Time
5 min
Total Time
10 min
Prep Time
5 min
Cook Time
5 min
Total Time
10 min
Ingredients
  1. 1/2 cup almond milk
  2. 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  3. 1 banana
  4. 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  5. 1/4 tsp vanilla
  6. 1/2 cup ice
Instructions
  1. Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until combined. Serve.
Paleo Grubs http://paleogrubs.com/

Paleo Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Jess (Paleo Grubs)

No comments:

Post a Comment